CLC Space is currently recruiting a Long Term Archive Engineer to provide service at their client’s headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany.
You shall provide on-site Long Term Archive Engineering service for the activities related to the engineering and maintenance of the EUMETSAT Long Term Archive within the Data Services Engineering Team of the Generic Systems and Infrastructure Division.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Gathering requirements, design, implementation, testing, software configuration, maintenance of documentation for the EUMETSA T Long Term Archive developed software and related commercial off the shelf software (COTS), throughout the entire software life cycle;.
• Investigation into anomalies, their documentation, classification and the delivery of S/W correction, including the execution of relevant regression testing.
• 2nd line support for the EUMETSAT Long Term Archive and the related communication and interaction with other teams at EUMETSAT.
• Software configuration management, release preparation and deployment of software corrections;
You shall have, as mandatory, the following experience and background:-
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the following mandatory areas:
• Provision of first and 2nd line maintenance support for operational systems.
• Software Engineering with extensive experience in designing and developing software components and applications in the Java and C++/C programming language under Unix/Linux using Object Oriented (00) approach.
• Software development, verification/validation and maintenance, using a formal life cycle.
• Oracle (JDBC and SQL).
• XML, XML Schema and XSL T technologies.
Practical knowledge of as many as possible of the following will be an advantage:
• Operations and maintenance of long term archive software and systems in a 24/7 operational environment.
• Usage of Hierarchical Storage Management (HSM) system (SAM-FS or equivalent)
• Software development using the Google Web Toolkit (GWT).
• Meteorological Data Format Conversion (netCDF).
• Tomcat Application server development;
• Spatial Solutions (Oracle Locator, Postgres/Postgis);
• Software Building and Package management;
The working language for the position is English and therefore the you shall be able to work effectively in this language.