CLC Space is currently recruiting a LEO Mission Planning Engineer to provide service support at their client’s headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany.
To provide Mission Planning Engineering expertise to operational LEO missions and to future LEO missions .
The tasks will be carried out at our client’s facilities in Darmstadt, but travel within Europe may be required for certain activities.
In addition to having a university degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, the following experience is required:
• At least 2 years experience of routine low earth orbit (LEO) spacecraft and ground
segment system operations (mission planning, satellite monitoring and control);
• At least 2 years of general programming/software development, including at least 1 year of software development in Java or an equivalent (e.g. Drools, JBoss Rules);
• At least 2 years working with relational databases and sql, preferably involving Oracle database administration;
• Experience with the management and validation ofXML format files;
• Experience of the Linux operating system at user level.
The following experience would be advantageous:
• LEO mission planning system specification, development and procurement;
• AIV related activities (test procedure generation, requirements verification and validation, etc), preferably in the field of space mission planning systems;
• Experience with Software Version Control Systems (e.g. CVS, SVN or Git) and Software Configuration Management Systems (e.g. Serena Dimensions);
• Development in C++, with knowledge of Oracle database access using ProC.
You shall be able to conduct all activities in an orderly and disciplined manner, shall be able to work calmly and correctly under stress and must be able to work without supervision.
You should be used to working proactively with small teams.
While the official languages are English and French, the working language for the position is English and therefore you must be able to provide consultancy effectively in this language.