CLC Space is currently recruiting a Radio Occultation Scientist to provide service at their client’s headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany.
You shall provide on-site Scientific service support in the radio occultation area, to the generation of algorithm theoretical basis documents, product
generation specifications, products definition, prototype processors, validation plans, test data, and performance budgets.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of algorithm theoretical basis documents for the generation of level 1 and selected level 2 products;
- Preparation of product generation specifications for the product processing facilities;
- Prototyping of product generation functions;
- Generation of product contents specifications;
- Preparation of test data;
- Preparation of initial validation plans;
- Contribution to the generation of performance budgets;
- Conduct of internal studies related to mission requirements refinements;
- Assessment of results from external studies;
- Contribution to the initiation of scientific support studies;
- System meetings and activities of instrument functional chain teams (IFCT)1;
- Participation in reviews.
The support will involve close cross-divisional interactions and interface with experts in various disciplines (system engineering, instruments, operations, science).
You shall have, as mandatory, the following experience and background:
- University degree in remote sensing, meteorology, oceanography, physics, or equivalent;
- At least three years of experience in the field of remote sensing, including experience with radio occultation observations;
- Experience in satellite data processing;
- Very good skills in a higher programming language, such as Fortran, C/C++, Python;
- Skills in writing scientific/technical documents;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office;
- Good inter-personal skills in support of team work.
The following experience would be an additional asset:
- Experience in understanding and writing requirements;
- Experience with the specification, development, and validation of satellite data processing chains;
- Experience with calibration and product validation methods;
- Knowledge in radio occultation data processing and applications.
You shall have the experience and capability to fulfil the assigned tasks with a minimum level of supervision.
Fluency in English is mandatory;. The working language for the position is English and therefore the you shall be able to work effectively in this language.