CLC Space is currently recruiting a Scientific Documentation Writer to provide service at their client’s headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany.
Scientific Documentation Writing Service to the Remote Sensing and Products Division at our client's headquarter's in Darmstadt.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your responsibilities will cover the preparation and maintenance of scientific documentation related to meteorological products, and the preparation and maintenance of remote sensing and
products related contents for our client's Web sites.
You shall manage information in a variety of forms, life cycles, type of input,purpose and readership. The inputs to scientific documents are provided by the remote sensing and products scientists and experts, product operation experts, trainers, etc.
The purpose of the documents includes
• defining and describing products and their associated requirements for a large community of users,
• providing quality and status information e.g. the results of product validation tests,
• sharing and promoting new knowledge and application of satellite data.
An important corpus of legacy and current scientific information is updated continuously, and new information is added regularly. Scientific information plays a key role in the use and uptake of products and services, and it is important that you are able to manage it in a consistent and complete manner.
Your tasks will include:
• Collect input to documents from scientists and engineers;
• Ensure consistency of style across documents;
• Prepare draft documents for review and document issues for publication;
• Coordinate document releases with the User Services Division responsible for Web site contents;
• Definition of scientific documentation maintenance procedures, including templates and guidelines for contributors;
• Manage information e.g. meta-data extracted from documents;
• Act as a point of contact in the RSP division, for all issues and queries related to the document management system;
In addition to having a University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, you shall have a minimum of 3 years experience in scientific documentation editing and maintenance.
Specifically, you shall have demonstrated experience in:
• Writing documents of a technical or scientific nature;
• Compiling documents from multiple contributors;
• Processing oflarge text documents with Microsoft Word;
• Processing of complex documents including images, equations, etc.;
• Web publishing of documents;
• Controlling documents within a Document management system;
The following areas of expertise would be an advantage:
• Web-based information services;
• Processing and/or applications of Earth Observation satellite data;
• Knowledge of LaTeX;
• Knowledge of Framernaker;
You shall be able to fulfil the assigned tasks with a minimum of supervision, have a systematic approach to work, be able to plan his/her work and to cope with tight schedules
and multiple tasks.
The official languages are English and French. The working language for the position is English and therefore the you shall be able to work effectively in this language.